GS6 (TA) Procurement & Admin Assistant for UNICEF Tunisia
Procurement and Administrative Assistant – GS-6 (TA)
UNICEF Tunisia, Tunis
Vacancy No.: I-VN-2016-0018
Duty Station: Tunis, Tunisia
Contract Type: Temporary Appointment (364 days)
Application Close: 25 September 2016
Purpose of this Position:
Under the supervision of the Supply/ICT Officer, the Procurement and Administrative Assistant,
provides a broad range of transactional, procedural and administrative tasks in support of the efficient
supply and procurement of the country office, ensuring timely and efficient output that is in
compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, whilst demonstrating the capacity to research, adapt
and evaluate irregular cases, and also to recommend improvements to process delivery and design.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Receives supply requisitions
- Obtains quotations
- Invoice Processing
- Events and Conferences
- Office assets’ management
- General Administrative Duties (issuance visa letters, hotel bookings, venues for official
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives supply requisitions, ensuring accuracy of specifications of items, and confirms
availability of funds, obtaining additional information from the programme sections as
necessary. Monitors assigned requisitions to ensure completion of procurement actions in a
- Obtains quotations, issues invitation to bids to approved and listed suppliers; arranges and participates in bid openings with the Supply Manager, compiles price tabulations with price ratings and recommendations for order placement, prepares CRC submissions for finalization by the Supply/ICT Manager.
- Ensures continuous availability of data related to procurement, including forecasting, requisitions received, orders placed, incoming goods, actual delivery schedules. Prepares periodic reports, and ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Provides travel assistance to staff in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaises with relevant travel agent to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
- Extracts, inputs, maintains and verifies correctness of travel records in the organization’s travel system to ensure accurate transactions related to travel costs and staff travel
- Assist in the preparation of budgets on travel costs and maintain travel budgetary control records.
- Supports management of administrative supplies, office equipment and vehicles, updating inventory of items and maintaining the quarterly inventory report.
- Monitors and supervises adequate and appropriate use of supplies. Ensures that services and maintenance of premises are in accordance with organizational standards.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications along with an updated UN
Personal History Form (P.11) http://www.unicef.org/videoaudio/PDFs/P11.doc, an updated CV
and copies of academic certificates. UN staff are requested to provide the last two Performance
Evaluation Reports (PERs). Please quote the vacancy number in your application.
Email to: HRTunisia@unicef.org
Subject: Procurement and Administrative Assistant – GS-6: I-VN-2016-0018
Please note that documents submitted along with your applications will not be returned.
Ensure you send copies of your testimonials. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified
female and male candidates from all national, religion and ethnic backgrounds, including
persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.